Thursday, September 16, 2010

12 Hour Adventure Trail Run - Saturday, September 18th

Hello Runners! This week, instead of our normal meet-up, I am including information on a trail run that Dave R. is doing on Saturday. See below for information on joining him for a lap or two. BTW, he mentions coming out for the "later laps" but I did confirm that we are welcome to join him for any of the laps. You should just make sure you can keep up with is fast legs in the early laps (that's my addition, not Dave's :)

Let me know if you have any questions about Horizons Runners or Saturday's event.

Blessings,
Karen

Fellow runners and friends,
This Saturday I’ll be in the 12-Hour Adventure Trail Run at Prince William Forest Park (PWFP), www.nps.gov/prwi just outside of Triangle, VA. The objective is to run as many loops of the course (each loop is 6.5 miles) within the 12-Hour time limit. Sounds like fun doesn’t it? My goal is to run at least 52 miles (8 loops) and it would be great to have my friends there to cheer me on during the last couple of laps and celebrate with me at the finish. Or, bring your running stuff and do a lap with me (I should be real slooow by the afternoon). So come on out to the Telegraph Picnic Pavilion (that’s the Rest Station/Finish Area) anytime after 3 PM – earlier if you’d like – and enjoy the show until you see me stagger out of the forest.

Here’s my run plan, but don’t hold me to it. Hopefully, I’ll be ahead 15-30 minutes of schedule by the 6th loop!

Loop Depart Arrive

1 6:15 AM (Start) 7:40 AM
2 7:45 AM 9:10 AM
3 9:15 AM 10:40 AM
4 10:45 AM 12:10 PM
5 12:15 PM 1:40 PM
6 1:45 PM 3:10 PM
7 3:15 PM 4:40 PM
8 4:45 PM 6:10 PM (Finish)

No comments: